Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Poem: Too Many Kisses

Today I write a poem and an essay about this art.

Too Many Kisses
Is there really such a thing?
Baci from Perugina
Besos from Barcelona
Warm soft petal kisses
melting a tough
rocky road heart
to your granite
and I, your fresnal lens
collecting lumens
bubbling...flowing
rock hard
ebb and flow
ebb and flow



Too Many Kisses by ~ravensartshack on deviantART
I am not sure what compelled me to make Too Many Kisses other than I had a kind muse.  I drew a bare bones of a sketch.  I took a photo with my nintendo dsi and used it as a sketch pad using only red and white colors.  It grew in GIMP and I added blue stripes.  I twisted my colors thinking about light traveling on my subject and the phsychological aspects to suggest movement.  I named my first image Red Hot Lips.  I wanted my image to grow.  The subject, a single pair of lips, was lonely and hungry.  I added four pairs of lips for a sense of symmetry in circle movement.  I also want to convey the sense of longing and the desire to return to that intial moment of pleasure.

Source: zazzle.com via Ann on Pinterest


Red Hot Lips mug
Red Hot Lips mug by RavenKing
Create one-of-a-kind personalized cups from zazzle.com.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool. I think the poem is fabulous. There are a lot of kisses in art. And no, I agree, there is not such a thing as too many kisses, not in my book.

    ReplyDelete